Catering on UC owned or leased property can be complex, and requires time to plan. All of the following approval steps must be taken care of before the event:
- Campus Catering must be given first right of refusal
- A permit for Food Delivery and Catering must be signed by Risk Management
- An exception for Contracting Out for Covered Services must be granted by Employee & Labor Relations
- True catering (not just food delivery) can only be provided by a vendor with a Wage and Benefit Parity contract signed by Procurement
Payment requests through Concur or Direct Bill must include all four of the elements above.
- For a quick overview on the approvals and process, see this Catering Review Process Flowchart.
- For complete details and instructions for these requirements, including the vendors that can be used and available options when Campus Catering is not available, visit Risk Management's Catering Services web page.
- Covered Services Exception Requests: https://ucsb.service-now.com/contractingout
- BFS Mini Tune-Up: On 4/27/23, we shared the newest information and processes for catering. View the presentation deck