UCSB Policy Page: http://www.policy.ucsb.edu/
- Catering Guidelines: https://www.ehs.ucsb.edu/riskmanagement/catering-services
- Risk Management: https://www.riskmanagement.ucsb.edu/
- UCOP Policies: https://policy.ucop.edu/
- Accounting Manual - Disbursements: This manual governs non-payroll payment types and the appropriate method of procurement. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhO_Nm1S08hZwoI2EqdyWyigcxDNFUxg/view?usp=sharing
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC): Law of Sales (Article 2): https://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR): https://www.acquisition.gov/browse/index/far
- Office of Management and Budget (Uniform Guidance): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=704835d27377ef5213a51c149de40cab&node=2:126.96.36.199.1&rgn=div5
- California Public Contract Code: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayexpandedbranch.xhtml?tocCode=PCC&division=2.&title=&part=&chapter=&article=
- UC Terms and Conditions of Purchase: See https://www.ucop.edu/procurement-services/policies-forms/index.html for the most current version.
- 10516 Hiring of Current and Former Employees: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PCC&division=2.&title=&part=2.&chapter=2.1.&article=4
Object Code Listing
Object codes are used to classify expenditures and to accumulate them for the annual financial report and for special studies of expenditures. Every financial entry to expenditure accounts must have an object code. UC Accounting Manual, A-115-2.
Please note: As of 7/1/17, do not use object code 7200.
University of California Policies Governing FlexCard and Other Purchases
|Policy||Title / Description|
Principles of Accountability with Respect to Financial Transactions
This policy provides an overview of financial accountability, financial management, data integrity, and compliance control related activities and responsibilities of Department Administrators.
Purchasing policy and procedures of the University of California, which is committed to maintaining high standards of performance based upon fair, ethical and professional business practices. This Bulletin provides for the appropriate implementation of the policies and requirements of the funding agencies for Federal contracts and grants, and other extramural agreements.The Procurement Card (i.e., FlexCard): Policy: pages 35-38 Responsibilities: pages 44-47 Procedures: pages 58-64<
Management and Control of University Equipment
Policy and procedures for the management and control of property defined as inventorial equipment that is owned by or in the custody of The Regents of the University of California. These policies satisfy the requirements of the Federal Government with respect to control over government property for which The Regents are responsible and accountable.
Procedures covering the acquisition and use of Controlled Substances which meet the requirements of the Federal and the State of California Uniform Controlled Substances Acts.
Expenditures for Entertainment, Business Meetings and Other Occasions
Policy and procedures governing the manner and extent to which the University may provide hospitality to academic and staff employees, students, donors, guests, visitors, volunteers, and other individuals as part of an entertainment event, business meeting and other occasions.
Policy and Regulations Governing Moving and Relocation
Policy and procedures governing the payment of moving expenses and relocation allowances for non-exclusively represented staff employees at the UC campuses and the Office of the President.
Policy and regulations applying to all official University travel, including travel funded under federal grants and contracts. The travel reimbursement procedures contained in this Bulletin are designed to conform to the substantiation rules published by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Employee Non-Cash Awards and Other Gifts
Policy and procedures related to non-cash awards presented on behalf of the University to its academic and staff employees, provides the maximum amounts authorized for an award, and specifies the University funds that may be used for such purposes. It also covers the provision of gifts to employees as an expression of sympathy.
Gifts Presented to Non-Employees on Behalf of the University
Procedures related to the presentation of non-cash gifts for business purposes to individuals who are not employees of the University or to organizations on behalf of the University.
University Membership in Organizations
Policy and procedures related to University-sponsored memberships in organizations.