Procurement processes all goods and services contracts outside of construction, copyright, patents, and research.
Generally speaking, all services can be submitted on a UCSB Purchase Order without the need of a signed contract. Not sure who can sign? View a list of individuals at UCSB with official Delegation of Authority for contracts.
If a vendor is asking you to sign a Contract, Quote, Agreement, or Statement of Work, please DO NOT Sign. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the best method is to proceed. We can let you know if you need a Contract, or if you can submit the document using a standard Purchase Order in Gateway.
Procurement is available to process and execute contracts for travel and entertainment *if* a contract is absolutely necessary. Not all suppliers actually require a contract to be signed to hold a room or reservation…use of the Corporate Card can be appropriate in these cases. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
If your vendor absolutely requires a signature on their contract, or if you want us to write a contract, please submit a Contract Request Form in Gateway. Please allow at least 2 weeks lead time; while some contracts can be simple and processed within a week, some are very complex and as a small office we need your help to have ample time for negotiation.
Submitting a Contract Request:
- If you have a contract that your vendor provided, attach it to your Contract Request Form in Gateway.
- If you need the Contracts Department to write a contract, please complete all sections on the Request for Contract (Form I below). Please attach this to the Contract Request Form in Gateway.
- If the services are on a federal contract over $10,000 or on a federal grant/cooperative agreement over $50,000, please be sure to attach a completed Form A (below).
- Remember, all purchases over $99,999.99 need to be competitively bid.
Is your department going to provide a service to an external client? View information about UC-Provided Services (revenue or income to the UC)
You do NOT need a Contract for the following:
- Editing Services
- Interpreting Services
- Data Entry
- Website updating/simple creation
- Honoraria: Speaker and Lectures do not require a contract IF being paid in full by an Honoraria. (See policy http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/3410219/AM-D371-35, and http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/3410215/AM-D371-16 for details.