Once a department has filled its Department Administrator, Reviewer / Allocator roles, potential Cardholder(s) may submit applications.
A. The Cardholder
- Attend a FlexCard Cardholder training class.
- Log onto the FlexCard Management Module using your UCSBnetID and password.
- Complete the Cardholder Exam.
- At the end of the exam, click APPLY TO BE A CARDHOLDER.
- On the Cardholder Role Application screen, click INITIATE APPLICATION.
- On the Cardholder Role Application Details screen, enter the card description and, if necessary, edit your name and department address. Click SUBMIT APPLICATION.
- The application is forwarded to your Department Administrator.
B. The Department Administrator
After receiving email notification that a Cardholder application has been submitted, log onto the FlexCard Management Module , using your UCSBnetID and password.
- On the Department Administrator screen, click MANAGE CARDHOLDERS.
- On the FlexCard Department Administrator – Cardholder Administration screen, click APPROVE CARDHOLDER ROLE APPLICATIONS (middle of the screen).
- On the Manage FlexCard Cardholders screen, click the SELECT APPLICATION button next to the appropriate Cardholder Application (if more than one).
- You are taken to the Cardholder Role Application screen, where a series of actions must be performed in various sections.
- Cardholder Information – edit, if necessary.
- Billing Address – edit, if necessary. NOTE that the Department Mail Code, Cardholder Phone Number and Cardholder Email Address fields must be complete or the application will not submit.
- Default Account Number Linked to FlexCard – enter the default LAFSO for the FlexCard and click the VALIDATE LAFSO button. Only accounts controlled by your department can be entered.
- Recommended Reviewers – select at least one Reviewer from the list of your department’s Reviewers.
- Credit Limits – enter the per transaction (default is $5,000) and per cycle (default is $20,000) limits for the FlexCard.
- When all of data has been entered, click SUBMIT APPLICATION at the bottom of the form.
- A message appears at the bottom of the form stating that “Application Number XXXXX Submitted to FlexCard Program Administrator.” (If it does not, information is missing - check for the warning messages in red text, complete the fields, then click SUBMIT again.
C. The FlexCard Program Administrator / Cardholder
- The Program Administrator approves the Application and submits a new card request to U.S. Bank.
- The FlexCard arrives from U.S. Bank, typically within 3 business days.
- The Program Administrator emails the Cardholder, attaching a copy of the FlexCard User Agreement, and schedules an appointment.
- The Cardholder meets with the Program Administrator, presents picture identification and the signed User Agreement and picks up the FlexCard.
- The Cardholder activates the FlexCard by calling U.S. Bank at 1-800-344-5696. After activation, the Cardholder is prompted to set up the card's PIN number.