FlexCard Program Administration offers a series of training classes. Currently, classes are offered for Department Administrators, Cardholders, and Reviewers/Allocators.
Training classes for Department Administrators are being held remotely via Zoom by appointment only. Please email FlexCard at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training class.
The FlexCard training classes are available on Google Drive and accessible to anyone with a UCSB email. You can download the videos to watch them directly on your device. In each Google Drive folder are a copy of the slide deck and several helpful resources related to each of the roles.
- Cardholder Training: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NLGP920KOlLHvVmDYNBS4ni92k3Kbv_L?usp=sharing
- Reviewer/Allocator Training: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1olFqhlMt7nRDCqFXmCEclnqUOF4ePKr0?usp=sharing
Each Cardholder, Allocator, and Reviewer must take and pass the exam corresponding to their role before participating in the FlexCard program. There is no exam requirement for Department Administrators.
Exam certifications are valid for one year, expiring on the last day of the same month the following year. For example, if a Cardholder passes the Cardholder exam on January 15, 2023, their certification is valid through January 31, 2024.
Each FlexCard Cardholder, Allocator, and Reviewer must complete annual re-testing in order to maintain their program status. The Management Module sends a reminder email notification two months, one month, two weeks, and, if necessary, one week prior to the expiration of exam certification.
There are two FlexCard exams, one for Cardholders, with a focus on commodities and allowable purchases, and an Allocator/Reviewer exam, with a focus on the allocation of expenses and use and sales tax issues.
Both FlexCard exams are accessed through the FlexCard Management Module.
- Log onto the FlexCard Management Module at https://flexcardmanagement.ets.ucsb.edu using your UCSBnetID and password. If you are working remotely, you will need a campus VPN to access this site. Work with your department IT group to set up a VPN on your device if you have not already done so.
- On the Main Menu, click EXAM.
- On the Participant Exam Menu, click TAKE EXAM.
- On the FlexCard Exams screen, select the exam that corresponds to the role that you will be performing in the FlexCard Program.
For complete instructions on how to take an exam, submit it for scoring, and initiate a role application, consult the FlexCard Management Module Manual.