There are two ways to search Gateway for a particular good or service.
1. You can search for suppliers by using a "keyword search" in the supplier's profile. The following categories were identified as frequently searched or requested, so these are the only categories UCSB Gateway currently has. That said, if you don't see the category you need, proceed to #2 below.
- Transportation and Charter
- Sequencing, Reagents, and Antibodies
- Advertising and Marketing
- Animal Research
- Audio Video (A/V)
- IT Information Technology
- Facilities Maintenance
- Website Design
To search by these keywords:
- login to Gateway
- once on the homepage, locate the "Supplier Search" green section in the middle of the screen, about half-way down
- click on "Advanced Search"
- expand the section called "Products/Services"
- type in one of the above listed categories into the field for "Keywords"
- click Search
Another way to locate vendors in Gateway that provide the categories you are looking for:
- Search previous orders from the entire campus.
- Click on Documents in the far left column in Gateway.
- Then navigate to Document Search, and click on Search Documents.
- Make sure you are in the "Advanced Search" function, then make sure the Search dropdown is selected to "Requisitions".
- Finally, type in your commodity/category or keyword into "Product Description" and click Search.
- You should now see a list of orders the campus has processed, and the suppliers listed in the second row.