No, only those employees living and working in the United States need an I-9. You must indicate in UCPath that the employee is living and working outside the US. If your employee moves to the US later and continues to work for UCSB, you will need to contact BFS to have us complete an I-9. It will be up to the home department to update the employee's status in UCPath in this situation.