This training is required for Campus Cash Handlers when a new employee commences work in a cash handling job; and, at least once per year for all cash handling employees to refresh knowledge concerning policies, procedures and techniques and to provide updated information on internal and external policies.
Key topics include:
- The various forms of cash payments
- A review of the three types of Cash Handlers as defined by BUS-49: Policy for Cash and Cash Equivalents Received ("BUS-49")
- A review of BUS-49 policy areas, and cash handling activities
- General guidelines for Petty Cash and Change Fund custodians
- Principles of good cash handling and their application in daily cashiering activities