Fee Remission and Fellowships

The following is a list of information related to Fee Remissions and Fellowships.

If you qualify for Fee Remission as a Teaching Assistant, Associate, Graduate Student Researcher, Reader or Remedial Tutor but such credits have not yet been posted to your BARC account, first, be sure that you have registered in at least 8 units for the quarter. Contact your employing department/unit.

If you are expecting department fellowship funding not yet paid out, then check with the staff at the department/unit handling the award to determine when it may be forthcoming.

If you hold a centrally-administered fellowship from the Graduate Division not yet paid out, please contact Fellowships Coordinator, Kelly Crowell at Kelly.Crowell@graddiv.ucsb.edu; however, please be sure that you are registered in at least 8 units. (The Graduate Division begins fellowship payout approximately one week before the start of each quarter.)

If you qualify for Nonresident Tuition Reduction but are not seeing the reduction in your Winter fee assessment, this service is not a function of Graduate Division. It is a reduced assessment of tuition that is administered by the Office of the Registrar based on information that is provided by the Academic Services section of Graduate Division. If your advancement has occurred very recently, you may check with Graduate Academic Services to determine whether the advancement processing is complete – write to e-mail address, academics@graddiv.ucsb.edu. The Nonresident Tuition Reduction is for graduate doctoral students who have advanced to candidacy, subject to the understanding that (1) a graduate doctoral student may receive the reduced nonresident tuition rate for a maximum of three years, and (2) any such student who continues to be enrolled or who re-enrolls after receiving the reduced fee for three years will be charged the full nonresident tuition rate that is in effect at that time.